This is the last full day in our “old house”.
I rented this house sight-unseen by Kim. A big risk. Overall the house has worked well for us. Been many good times here.
- Four years of our life were spent here. When we moved here, Olin was a baby and Sander was 2.
- The boys grew from being little ones to big guys. Potty training, Olin out of a crib, no more baby gates, etc…
- The boys learned the joy of a circular main floor where they can run in circles. over and over again.
- Dance parties in the kitchen
- All the visitors we’ve had that shared good times.
- Kim and I relaxing after dinner talking
- Sledding down a hill right next to our house.
- Massive games of tag. Kim and Chris chasing each other around the yard. It is amazing we didn’t hurt ourselves.
- Epic birthday parties (slot car tracks and all)
- The boys waving to me from the window as I ride by on the bus
- Coming home each day, and seeing my wife across the room before I even get in the door. Nice to come home.
- Having a garage
- Olin learning how to ride his bike in the Alley. Boy boys riding like crazy back there.
- Having 6 people come by to get candy at Halloween each year, but still buying a big bag of candy and putting out pumpkins.
- Christmas decorations in the house
- Playing soccer and baseball in the backyard
Those are just some of the things. This list is long on things we won’t miss. But for now, these 5 minutes, I’m choosing to think of the fun memories we’ve had.